SERVING WORLD SHIPPING AT THE PANAMA CANAL SINCE 1925
For over 95 years, Norton Lilly have proudly represented our Principals in coordinating expeditious transits through the Panama Canal.
As transit agent, our core functions include:
- 24 hours Duty Officer and Operations Staff
- Booking system – effectively coordinating with our Principals to secure booking slots via 1st period, 2nd period, and 3rd period booking competition.
- Booking auction – submitting bids to secure booking auction slots.
- Pre-Arrival – coordinating with the vessel Master for timely submission of all pre-arrival information within 96 hours pre-arrival as required by the Panama Canal Authority.
- Transit Guarantees – payment to the Panama Canal Authority.
- Maiden Transit – coordination with vessel owner and the Panama Canal Authority to insure vessels are in compliance for a 1st time passing of the Panama Canal.
- Owners matters – coordination of bunkering, collection of bunker samples, CTM, crew changes, provisions and supplies, spare parts transfer, surveys, repairs and maintenance.